Friday, January 25, 2008

In the Image of Christ III

"The compassionate love of Christ teaches us to look to the needs of people, without judging their consciences. Sometimes their distress will be all the greater in proportion to the injury they may have done to us. And no one is more destitute than the one who has lost even his self-respect and is reduced to begging. Our kindness to those in difficulty will be a sign, a reason for men to believe that the compassion of Jesus is still at work."

(Source: 3rd Sunday after Epiphany, Daily Missal of the Mystical Body. Maryknoll Fathers, 1960.) -This is my newly acquired missal and its truly a grace to my soul from God. I was given it by a good friend who had two others and so gave this one to me. The prayers are majestic and it has the best examination of conscience I've seen in a missal. I highly recommend the Maryknoll Missal to everyone!

1 comment:

Terry Nelson said...

I love this photo.