Monday, January 14, 2008

Christ the King


(photo credit) This image comes from me to you via the Roving Medievalist. I love the beauty and complexity of this image. I find myself very attracted to black and white images - have no idea why.
O Jesus Christ, I acknowledge Thee as universal King.
All that has been made, has been created for Thee.
Exercise all Thy rights over me.
I renew my baptismal vows, renouncing Satan, his pomps and his works;
and I promise to live as a good Christian.
In particular do I plege myself to labor,
to the best of my ability, for the triumph of the rights of God and Thy Church.
Divine Heart of Jesus, to Thee do I proffer my poor services,
laboring that all hearts may acknowledge Thy Sacred Kingship,
and that thus the reign of Thy peace be established throughout the whole universe.
Amen+

No comments: