Friday, February 29, 2008

Prunana Vitae


Wolftracker over at Kansas City Catholic has put up a great post that I highly recommend to all - hint: it has a great ending!

"Prunus persica is the Latin name for the common peach. Let me tell you how I know.
On a sunny Saturday morning in April last year, as I was re-stringing a classical guitar at the breakfast table and my wife was at the kitchen sink, the telephone rang. My hands seeming more full than hers, my wife picked up the telephone. It was for me. To my surprise, a lawyer on the other end of the line informed me that a distant relation of mine had died and had left me a 160-acre peach orchard in her will. “Why me?” I asked, slightly stupefied. The lawyer replied, “Why not?”

Go here to read the rest - fascinating story!

No comments: