Saturday, February 2, 2008

Friar Servants of Mary, the Servite Order

The Seven Holy Founders of the Servite Order

Go here for the international website for the Servite Order. I am also adding this to my favorite website list on the right sidebar. I encourage each of you to learn more about this order and pray for them. Look into them if you are discerning a call to religious life. I cannot speak for their orthodoxy, nor if this order is thriving or diminishing as so many are today. I simply don't know enough to say. From this order comes the black scapular, which seems to be underemphasized perhaps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've learned so much from your blog and the devotions you publish. Thank you.

Don't know if this is of any use to you; you seem to have all sorts of information about the Servites, but I just encountered the blog,"Overheard in the Sacristy" (http://fiftysophomoricsummers.blogspot.com/) In his bio is says, "He is a former member of the Order of Friars Servants of Mary (Servites)." Perhaps another source of information for you.

Anonymous said...

You can always contact the Servites directly..check their website out:
www.servite.org