This one comes from Swiss Miss at St. Monica's Kneeler:
Participants are to post 8 random facts or habits about themselves on their blog. Have fun!
1. When I was a kid, I went to a Swedish language immersion camp and after three years there was fluent. Yes, I even knew all those odd Swedish folk dances and wore a folk costume. A nerdier activity could not be found.
2. Garnet is my favorite gem stone.
3. I sometimes wear my slippers in public (they sort-of look like shoes :)
4. I'm addicted to lip gloss, have been since 3rd grade, wear it all the time. This is one of those absolutely-must-haves-cannot-leave-home-without-it-or-I'm-miserables. I have been known to wake up in the middle of the night and put it on, of course its right on my nightstand.
5. I have two statues of the Blessed Virgin Mary in my office: Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Our Lady of Knock.
6. I LOVE the Minnesota State Fair. A trip there is not complete without looking at EVERYTHING in the 4H building, french fried green peppers and cheese on a stick.
7. My perfume is Coco Madmoiselle by Chanel.
8. When I was in high school, I protested what I thought was an unfair detention (still believe it was unfair) and I decided in principle to not comply. I never showed up for it despite the daily "yellow note" on my locker reminding me of said detention. I was ordered to go by the Principal, the school board (private school) AND the traitorous school counsel. Never went, told them all they'd have to expel me. I was sure I was done. This went on for MONTHS. I finished the school year, showed up for class the next fall and not a word was said. Isn't that strange??
Everyone interested in this meme is hereby tagged!