Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Meme! Ho Ho Ho!


Oh yes! Another meme! This one comes from me to you via Angela Messenger - so blame her! :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, whichever is easier and/or cheaper.
2. Real tree or artificial? Up to me? - prelit fake. But alas... my small effort to submit to the will of my husband means a real messy, real tree!
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving. The kids decorate it - words cannot express how much I despise putting the lights on the tree!
4. When do you take the tree down? Just after New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? Love it but don't drink it much due to the extreme excess of calories contained therein! I could always be talked into a glass with rum though...
6. Favorite gift received as a child? New bike around age 10. It was one of those 70's nightmare bikes now, but the COOLEST back then. It was white with red and blue stripes and a long banana seat. I rode it around inside the house for days.
7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes two actually, one on the altar of our prayer room and a larger one in the living room in front of the fireplace.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, he doesn't need a thing and has every golf accessory on earth.
9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My high school boyfriend gave me this really ugly sweater which unraveled the first time I washed it. He admitted to me it was from K-Mart.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail - always of the Blessed Mother with family pictures inside.
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? Its a Wonderful Life - is there another?
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Oh, around Halloween.
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, many times. If I get something I don't need or like, I'll keep it in the package and give to someone else. Did the same with wedding gifts. Except for clothes, those I return.
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Green bean casserole. Yes I know that's strange.
15. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Multicolored and flashing enough to cause seizures.
16. Favorite Christmas song. Angels We Have Heard on High & The Wassail Song
17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home, travel to husband's family in Montreal - alternating years. This year we are home.
18. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer. Not even close.
19. Angel on the tree top or a star? No, we have a terrible time getting them to stay on a real tree. I find myself totally apathetic about tree toppers...
20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas presents on EVE after supper, stocking "Santa" gifts on Christmas morning.
21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The burden of having to buy gifts for so many people. I find standing in line at the post office to mail presents a close second.

Tagging: YOU!

No comments: