(Source: Devotion to the Sorrowful Mother by TAN Books, available for purchase here.)
- Those who invoke the Heavenly Mother though her sorrows will obtain true sorrow for their sins before death.
- Our Saviour will protect them in their tribulations, especially at the hour of death.
- He will impress upon them a memory of His Passion, and will reward them for it in Heaven.
- He will commit such devout servants to the hands of Mary, that she may dispose of them according to her pleasure, and obtain for them all the graces she desires.
Seven Promises to Those Who Meditate on Our Lady's Tears & Sorrows
St. Bridget of Sweden (1303-1373) was one of the greatest mystics of the Catholic church. She was blessed with several apparitions of Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary. Her revelations, including those listed below, are available for purchase here. The following graces are promised by Mary herself to those who daily honor her tears and sorrows by reciting seven Hail Mary's in honor of her tears and sorrows:
- "I will grant peace to their families."
- "They will be enlightened about the Divine Mysteries."
- "I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work."
- "I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my divine Son or the sanctification of their souls."
- "I will defend them in thier spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives."
- "I will visibly help them at the moment of their death - they will see the face of their mother."
- "I have obtained this grace from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors (sorrows) will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness, since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son will be their eternal consolation and joy."
Let us dear reader, together endeavor always to honor our Dear Mother and compassionate her sorrows. How generous will be her Holy Son with us! May Mary's prayers go with you always!