Thursday, March 27, 2008

Blessed Lady Margaret

Here's another picture of my newest patron saint for you to enjoy. Here she is depicted about to be executed with her executioners. I've been praying with her all day and what a wonderful consolation this has been to my poor soul!

Blessed Lady Margaret, pray for me and for my family. Assist me in all my temporal and spiritual needs. Pray for me until I can one day bow down before the Throne with you in glory! I love you and await to see your face! Amen+

I plan to write a novena prayer to this dear saint and I'll post it when its completed!

6 comments:

Michele said...

do you happen to have a link you could put in here where one could read more about her?

stromsjo said...

What is a novena prayer?

Sanctus Belle said...

Per - a novena is nine days of prayer where you ask a saint to pray for you for a specific favor/blessing/intention. The first novena was said by the Virgin Mary. But, I'll paste in here a better more accurate definition for you:

Wikipedia: The word Novena is the feminine form of the Medieval Latin word, "novenus", "ninth", which is the ordinal number from novem, nine. A Roman Catholic devotion consisting of prayers on nine consecutive days.

EWTN: A novena is a nine-day period of private or public prayer toobtain special graces, to implore special favors, or to make special petitions. (Novena is derived from the Latin "novem", meaning nine.) As the definition suggests, the novena has always had more of a sense of urgency
and neediness.

Sanctus Belle said...

Here is a link to a site that lists several popular novenas:

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/novena.htm

Sanctus Belle said...

Marilena - on the post just prior to this one I listed two links to articles about her - you could also google the name. She is very interesting!

stromsjo said...

Thanks, I didn't know that.