Monday, April 7, 2008

Cathy's Meme

I stopped doing memes along with everything that has to do with awards awhile back, BUT I liked this meme and will make this one exception! This one comes from Cathy at Recovering Dissident Catholic via Ray at Stella Borealis - my fellow Minnesota Catholic bloggers!

1. What I was doing 10 years ago: Living and San Antonio Texas, worked at this time as a pediatric operating room nurse, which I truly enjoyed. Ah south Texas, delicious Tex Mex food, terrible HOT weather for a native Minnesotan!

2. Snacks I enjoy: Apples & oranges, I'm terribly boring!

3. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Hand every penny over to my husband to manage. He I'm sure would give most of it away in charitable works. I also strongly suspect a portion would go into a new business and he's have Catholic movies made to tell beautiful stories of the saints to evangelize the world. We'd also take the whole family every year on pilgrimmage to approved shrine around the world. I'd have about a million masses said for the souls in Purgatory.

4. Five jobs that I have had: These are the first 5 jobs I ever had in order...
Short order cook at Snyder's restaurant, Bloomington
Salesperson at Wicks-n-Sticks candle shop in Southdale, Edina
Salesperson at Parklane Hosiery, also in Southdale
Operator and weekend supervisor at Telecheck
Medical ward 3L Minneapolis Veterans Hospital

5. Three of my bad habits:
-Getting too absorbed with books I'm reading with a tendency to "escape" into them
-Being far too wrapped up and distracted with worldly matters and in this failing to keep my eyes always upon God.
-I'll dip into cake/cookie batter while I'm making it!

6. Five places I have lived:
-St. Paul, Minnesota
-Paris, France
-San Antonio, Texas
-Fairmont, Minnesota
-Mankato, Minnesota

No comments: