Thursday, November 29, 2007

Meditation for the Month of Holy Souls VIII


Body of Jesus is Placed in the Tomb

"Joseph took the body, and wrapped it in a clean linen shroud, Nicodemus also, who had at first come to Jesus by night, came bringing a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pounds' weight. They took the body of Jesus, and bound it in linen cloths with the spices, as is the burial custom of the Jews. Now in the place where he was crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb where no one had ever been laid. So because of the Jewish day of Preparation, as the tomb was close at hand, they laid Jesus there. And Joseph rolled a stone against the door of the tomb. The women who had come with him from Galilee followed, and saw the tomb, and how his body was laid. Then they returned, and prepared spices and ointments. On the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment." (Mt 27:59; John 19:38-42; Lk 27:55-56)
Meditation
"My beloved Son, shall I see you no more? I look upon your sacred hands, pierced so mercilessly by nails. I remember holding them when you were a baby, how warm they were against my cold skin. I remember how you would reach for me when you were learning to walk. I remember how faulty they were when you were learning to drink from a cup. O, my Son, I remember how you held my face in my your holy hands as you comforted me at the death of Joseph. And now your hands are so cold. You have left with world and left me here. I wish to be with you and yet You will that I remain. Thy will be done. You are God, you are my only Son. You are my life and I give myself to you without reserve. With you here, in this cold tomb, I leave my heart. Farewell. Amen+"

No comments: