Sunday, March 18, 2007

Our Lady of La Salette II




The Tears of the Virgin Mary at La Salette

“Come to me, my dear children. Do not be afraid. I have come to tell you something of great importance.” ~The Blessed Virgin Mary to the seers of La Salette

Melanie and Maximin reported the Lady they saw was extremely sad and crying real tears. She wore a brilliant white dress, adorned with pearls and a golden colored apron. Upon her head was a wreath of roses, which wrapped around her gold crown. This crown was high and bent slightly forward in the front. She wore slippers tipped with roses upon her feet. Around her neck she wore a necklace from which hung a crucifix with a hammer on one side and pincers on the other.

The Lady spoke in French, not in the local patois of the people. This made it difficult for the children to follow her every word, but they clearly understood her beckoning to them. After Mary bid them come closer, they entered the ravine and approached with Queen of Heaven within touching distance. They could see her very closely, could see her bright, crystal-like tears. She spoke to them again, but this time in their patois:

“If my people will not obey, I shall be compelled to loose my son’s arm. It is so heavy, so pressing that I can no longer restrain it. How long have I suffered for you! If my Son is not to cast you off, I am obliged to entreat Him without ceasing. But you take not the least notice of that. No matter how well you pray in the future, no matter how well you act, you will never be able to make up to me what I have endured for your sake.”

This sentence in particular resonates in my soul: “But you take not the least notice of that {Mary’s suffering on our behalf}” Our Heavenly Mother holds back the arm of her Son’s justice from coming down and striking us – with tears she entreats Him, she weeps and suffers on our behalf and we “take not the least notice”!! Fellow Christians – we must work to love our Mother for all she does for us. Appease her tears, pray in honor of her sorrows, pray the chaplet of Our Lady’s Tears – even if only a couple of times a week. Think often on the many graces Your Mother has obtained for Mankind, and for your wicked soul - be grateful!

Prayer
Our Lady of La Salette, I offer myself, my small sufferings and sacrifices to God through your Immaculate Heart. Please dear Mother, accept my prayers and small offerings, mingle them with your tears and offer them to the Heavenly Father on my behalf. Be for me the narrow gate which leads to Heaven!

(Sources: Meetings with Mary by Janice Connell. Ballantine Books. NY. 1995.
“You will make this known to all my people” by the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate. New Bedford, MA. 1998)

No comments: