Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Will of the Lord


Have I mentioned before and I am NO MYSTIC? I am just a simple Catholic lady struggling like every one else. The list of my faults and frequent failures are too numberous to list. I have been undergoing a great trial in my life and am currently burning in the furnace of stress. To deal with this I have turned, as I have in the past, to penance and daily Mass. When I am suffering mentally/spiritually I have a very difficult time praying, except perhaps a desperate ejaculatory prayer from time to time and an offering of my anguish. Anyway - I was offering one such prayer this morning before mass "Lord, what do you will?" ...or something to that effect. Without thinking anything of it, I then opened my missal and my eyes fell DIRECTLY upon the following:


"This is the will of God - your sanctification." (I Thess iv. 3)


I guess that's pretty clear. Lord do with me what you will. Amen+

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when God does stuff like that! His Word is full of riches! I'll keep you in my prayers! God bless you and thank you so much for sharing!

TH2 said...

"Have I mentioned before and I am NO MYSTIC?" Based on what I see on your blogs and in your comments, I would respectfully disagree. You evidence having a very high awareness of the Divine Presence.

Re: your stress. Know that I will ask Our Lady to aid you in my next Rosary requests.

Unknown said...

A good friend of mine calls it "Bible Roulette." I have found it to work. I don't do it often enough. Am I afraid of what He might ask? Maybe.

kam said...

Someone very close to me is undergoing the fire also. I'll add you to my prayer list. Thank you for the very revealing post.

Sanctus Belle said...

Thank you all for your kind words and especially for your prayers. May the Lord's will and ONLY the Lord's will be done in me. Amen+

Roisin said...

Some years ago my marriage was going through a bad patch and I was considering my options. I went to adoration and I kept saying to The Lord 'I am so unhappy. Can You do something about this. Why why why!'
In my heart I heard the response 'I do not want your condemnation'.
I was shocked into reality. Thank God I got the grace to accept my small cross and I began again to work on improving my marriage and I now am so happy to have my husband beside me.
Its good to really tussle with the Lords will and then accept his Divine Will. Reminds me of Jacob's battle with the Angel.

Roger Buck said...

I will pray for you.

I am moved again by your very evident expression of sincerity.

Sincerity is an incredible thing when one thinks of it.

It is impossible to be sincere and not be close in some way to God ...

Daily Mass helps so incredibly much to bear life's burdens.

Sadly I think it is one of the Church's "best kept secrets".

If only people knew what daily Mass can do.

The world would be different.

My guess is that what you refer to is the imminence of death you mentioned before.

My heart and prayers go out to you and all concerned ...